EASTBOURNE BC - COVID RESTRICTED PLAY – UPDATE 1
Following Government and Bowls England advice, the Committee have decided to make the following changes from Monday 29th June.
1 – Pairs play will now be allowed
2 – Toilets will be available but members are requested to ensure they clean the area after use and follow the instructions provided.
3 – Spectators, members only, will be allowed - subject to numbers and the social distancing requirements. Please bring your own chair.
Numbers may have to be limited, at the Marshall on duty’s discretion, if it is felt that health and safety is an issue. i.e too many spectators.
4- The Clubhouse, apart from the toilets, remains closed until further notice
5- Playing sessions will change to three per day and last 2 hours to accommodate pairs play.
Singles can still be played, if desired, at any time during a 2hr session.
Booking is still required.
Session 1 10.00 – 12.00
Session 2 12.30 – 2.30
Session 3 3.00 – 5.00
We are considering the possibility of introducing a league or other such events in the near future to add to your enjoyment of bowls.
If you would like to help the club with marshalling during the week, please let Doug Newman know.
As the COVID circumstance is an on-going situation and we will be regularly reviewing our arrangements.
- Only members who have booked a rink may play.
- Six rinks will be available – 3 on the top green, 3 on the bottom green.
- Singles or Pairs may be played on a rink. Subject to social distancing.
- SPECTATORS, members only, are allowed.
- Jacks and mats will be available on each rink. No other equipment will be used.
- One nominated player, only, should touch the mat and jack. For Pairs one nominated player at each end should touch the mat. Two jacks should be used, one at each end. If a pair is from the same household, they should be in charge of the mats.
- Mats and jacks will be sanitised. Follow any notices displayed on the greens.
- The Clubhouse will be closed
- Toilet facilities will be available. Only one person at a time. Please ensure you clean the area after use and follow the instructions provided.
- Please bring your own sanitisers and use before and after the game.
- You may use gloves if you wish.
BOOKING A RINK
- There will be 6 rinks available for each session.
- There will be three sessions per day.
- 10.00 - 12.00
- 12.30 - 2.30
- 3.00 – 5.00
- To make a booking please telephone Mike Dooley ( 01323 461782) between 8.30am and 9.30 am (No email or text please)
- There is a 30 minute gap between each session to avoid arrivals and departures clashing.
- You should arrive at the Club no more than 5 minutes before your designated start time and leave as soon as possible after your finish time.
- Remember the Social Distancing rules
Car Park will still be available for use, subject to usual distancing regulations.